Your privacy is very important to us. This policy is based on the principles of notice, choice, access and security in the collection and use of all information regarding our users and their activities at our Site, and in the course of our business activities, including customer and client transactions, and our communications campaigns.
Please review this policy frequently as it is subject to change at any time by Traidcraft.
Eat Your Hat is a company of Traidcraft Plc (Traidcraft) with company registration number Z5417192. We are the data controller, which means we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal data.
This policy tells you, among other things, what information we gather from you, how we may use or disclose that information, and our efforts to protect it. Please read this policy carefully, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding its contents.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The information you give us may include your name, email address, address and phone number. In most cases we will only ask for the information we need to handle your request. Sometimes we ask for other details about you to help us to improve our service to you or to tell other people about Traidcraft’s work. We never make these fields mandatory. We do not collect any special category personal data such as details about your race, ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic or biometric data, and neither do we collect information about criminal convictions and offences.
We will always ask for your consent if we intend at any time to pass your details on to other people other than the third parties set out in this policy, and always allow you to opt out. We never pass this information on to outside agencies without your permission.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with the seven data protection principles in the DPA, which say that personal data must be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully.
- Processed for limited purposes and in an appropriate way.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose.
- Not kept longer than necessary for the purpose.
- Processed in line with individuals’ rights.
- Be kept secure.
“Personal data” means recorded information we hold about you from which you can be identified. It may include your contact details, other personal information, photographs, expressions of opinion about you or indications as to our intentions about you. “Processing” means doing anything with the data, such as accessing, disclosing, destroying or using the data in any way.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We may ask for and collect certain information from and about you in different ways.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you for example including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Personal Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- search for our products or services;
- subscribe to our email newsletter;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website (Site), we may automatically collect information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, [server logs] and other similar technologies. Please see our section on Cookies for further details.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties [and public sources] as set out below:
- Analytics providers such as Google. This site uses Google Analytics to allow us to track how popular our site is and to record visitor trends over time. Google Analytics uses a cookie to help track which pages are accessed. The cookie contains no personally-identifiable information, but it does use your computer’s IP address to determine where in the world you are accessing the site from, and to track your page visits within the site.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Browing our website:
- Business purpose: to enable a good customer experience, both on and off the website
- Lawful basis: We have a legitimate business interest to collect this data, which is the development of our service by understanding and improving customer experience.
- Recipients we share this with: Google Adwords, Dotmailer & Facebook (for marketing purposes)
- Retention: 90 days
- Business purpose: to receive our email updates
- Lawful basis: Opt in
- Recipients we share this with: Dotmailer (email marketing provider)
- Retention: Until point of unsubscription
We will usually only process your personal data where you have given us your explicit consent for example to register for access to our website, or for entry into a prize promotion, or where the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. In other cases, processing may be necessary for the protection of your vital interests, for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others. The full list of conditions is set out in the DPA.
- We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose or purposes notified to you or for any other purposes specifically permitted by the DPA
- Your personal data will only be processed to the extent that it is necessary for the specific purposes notified to you
- We will seek to keep the personal data we store about you accurate and up to date. Data that is inaccurate or out of date will be deleted. However, it is your obligation to keep us informed of any changes to your personal data, eg if you move house, or if you become aware of any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you. You may do this by sending an email as indicated below.
- We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required.
- We will only process your data in line with your data rights.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS
If you wish to know what personal data we hold about you, you may make a request in writing. Send all such requests to the address below.
For email requests : firstname.lastname@example.org
For written requests : Eat Your Hat, Traidcraft Plc, Kingsway, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE11 0NE
Full Address of the Data Controller : Eat Your Hat, Traidcraft Plc, Kingsway, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE11 0NE
ABOUT THIS POLICY
This policy was written and approved on 16th May 2018. Any amendments will be available on this page.